Monday, January 30, 2012

Vanilla Sugar Scrub


On our honeymoon in Greece, I had the beyond delightful experience of getting a chocolate massage... Yes, a massage that used melted chocolate instead of lotion, and it was fabulous. This amazing-ness ended with a sugar scrub, and ever since then I keep thinking how I need to get some of that stuff, so voila, I made my own this weekend!

This is beyond simple and super handy: it makes your skin very soft and moisturized, which is very important in our Colorado climate!

Here is what I used:
- 8 oz. jar
- 3/8 cup white sugar
- 3/8 cup brown sugar
- Enough olive oil to cover the sugar *(see note below)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract

Step 1: Fill the jar with both the white and brown sugar.

Step 2: Add the olive oil and vanilla and stir! Done!

*Next time, I think I will definitely use almond oil, and maybe a relaxing essential oil like lavender as an alternative to vanilla. The olive oil smell was a bit too strong for me. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment