Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hunting for the perfect piece....

After a very productive trip to IKEA with my sweet friends, Vicki, who is an amazing designer and her awesome daughter Megan, I am getting increasingly inspired to redecorate and revamp our current home decor! We have this little wall to the left of our front door entrance, and I think it is just screaming for a beautiful piece of furniture to fill it.

I first saw this great nightstand at IKEA, and although the style and color are similar to what I am going for, however, I prefer a somewhat more traditional and classic look (or maybe a little less "brand new..." Does that make sense?).
So it is off to hunt for an older cabinet or dresser that I can repaint. I love the character that an old piece of furniture can bring to a room; for me, it gives off a different feel than shiny new pieces! Check out these fabulous examples below...
(Centsational Girl)

(Design Sponge)

 (Centsational Girl)

And the ultimate beauty:


Here are some of the items we found on our first round of searching (lots, and lots of searching). Unfortunately, none of them came super close to what I am hoping for... 




We will see what Aaron and I eventually find. This isn't going to be easy, especially because I tend to be picky... Who knows, maybe I will even end up with the IKEA nightstand! Wish us luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment